Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Custom Flash Short Box


I have always looked at comic books as not only literature but also as art. The biggest problem I have always had with collecting this art form is how we store them.

White long or short boxes have always been rather dull and boring. There just plain white, BLAH

So I decided to take a day and create a custom short box, starting small, to house some of my Flash collection. I decided to make it a Wally West box.

Here is my quick step by step guide.

Step 1: get a comic box.

Step2: pick some comics that you don't feel bad about cutting up. (This was the hardest part, luckily I had some doubles.)

Step 3 : Buy some Mod Podge, there are so many cool craft related uses for Mod Podge.

Step 4: Cover one side of the box with Mod Podge and start putting the comic cut outs down. Then move to the next side and repeat.


Step 5: once all the comic cut outs are firmly in place go over the entire box again with Mod Podge, let it dry and you are done.

I also spray painted the lid gold just to add more color.

You now have your own hand made comic box it beats the boring white one.




Enjoy filling it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment