Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Flash #137 Original Cover Art, Infantino


If you have been reading my blog for any time you know I am a big Flash fan. I always hunt on-line and out in the real world for exceptionally rare Flash related items. On a recent lazy afternoon spent Internet hunting, in my defense it was raining I came across a gem of an item.

The original cover art work from Carmine Infantino from The Flash #137. This was the second issue Earth-1 and Earth-2 meet, this time to battle Vandal Savage. The issue was released in April 1963.

The auction for this rare piece, you never see original covet art for Infantino's Flash run, was conducted by Heritage Auctions. It sold for over $167,000. Pretty good for comic art.

Of course I can't afford this high tag at the time but one can dream when they hunt. You can 
view the original auction here The Flash #137 cover.

Hopefully you can find your gems and be able to afford them.

Good Luck on Your Hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment